The Bridges Program is housed in Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine's Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. The team is composed of Feinberg faculty, trainees, postdoctoral students and research staff with a shared interest in:
- Developing and collaborating in application of innovative research methods and tools to conduct rigorous implementation research.
- Developing and delivering trainings on implementation research, implementation methodology and implementation practice.
- Fostering partnerships between communities, researchers and service delivery systems.
- Supporting improved delivery, evaluation and sustainment of health services.
Team members participate in over 30 active research grants, including two research centers and two implementation science initiatives: the Center for Prevention Implementation Methodology (Ce-PIM) and the Center for Smart Use of Technologies to Assess Real- World Outcomes (C-STAR), the Implementation Science Coordination, Consultation, and Collaboration Initiative (ISC3I) and the Northwestern University Clinical and Translational Science Institute (NUCATS) Dissemination and Implementation Science (D&I) Program. Bridges faculty have received sponsored funding from the NIH: NIDA, NIMH, NIAID, NIDDK, NIMHD, NICHD. Other federal research sponsors include the Department of Defense (DOD), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and the United States Department of Agriculture.
Nanette Hannah, PSMG Administrator
Juan A. Villamar, Sr. Program Administrator
Can Gürkan, Department of Engineering Sciences & Applied Mathematics
Emily Fu, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Allison Carroll, PhD
Ashley Knapp, PhD
Carlos Gallo, PhD
Dennis Li, PhD, MPH
Hendricks Brown, PhD
Miriam Rafferty, DPT, PhD
Nanette Benbow, MA
Wouter Vermeer, PhD
Funded Research Activities & Resources:
Prevention Science & Methodology Group (PSMG)
- Health focus: General
Center for Prevention Implementation Methodology (Ce-PIM)
- Health focus: HIV and substance abuse
- Access to Ce-PIM publications
Northwestern University Clinical and Translational Science Institute (NUCATS) Dissemination and Implementation Science (D&I) Program
- Health focus: general
- Pilot funding available
Implementation Science Coordination, Consultation, and Collaboration Initiative (ISC3I)
- Health focus: HIV
Center for Smart Use of Technologies to Assess Real-World Outcomes (C-STAR)
- Health focus: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Science
- Pilot funding available