All applicants must submit the following through the Association of American Medical Colleges’ Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). No paper applications will be accepted.
- ERAS Application only (no faxes or paper copies will be accepted)
- No score, year of graduation or US experience is required
- A completed application by December 31 of the application year
- An official copy of your medical school transcript
- A Dean’s Letter
- Three letters of reference
- An autobiographical statement describing your background, interest in psychiatry, academic interests, and non-school interests
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted to schedule one full day to meet with faculty members and residents and visit our clinical and research facilities. Interviewing begins in November and continues through mid-February.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Applicants must have completed 3 or 4 years of an approved ACGME- accredited adult psychiatry residency program in order to be eligible to apply to the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Training Program. They would enter the program at a PGY-4 or PGY-5 level.
All applicants interested in the two-year child and adolescent psychiatry residency should visit the Lurie website for program information and application materials.
Find the information you need about stipends at the McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University
For more information, contact Mia Collins,